There is a lot to see, to experience and to visit. I haven't been to a lot of places, therefore these recommendations are from my own visits and experiences. Before you travel to Vietnam or any other different country, please be aware of few things, otherwise you will be disappointed/shock/disgust or I don't know what.
- Understand the country and culture. Vietnam is still a developing country. Asian environment is totally different comparing to Western.
- Understand the society. People are super friendly, but as well as they are not a shy type of person. As in, it is fine for them to stare at you for a while or they are capable of asking personal questions even though they don't know you much.
So now, a list of places that I find it very beautiful, inspirational and I do recommend you to make a trip there if in Vietnam :) Amazing places to experience different environment and in depth variety of culture. Please note, that images are mine, if not they will be credited.
2. Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City
3. Nha Trang
4. Da Nang, Hoi An
5. Ha Long, Cat Ba
6. Ninh Binh, Trang An
8. Mekong delta
10. Mui Ne
Things not to miss while in Vietnam apart from those tourist attractions:
1. Ethnic markets, browse the variety of markets on streets
2. Temples and pagodas
3. Chinese Lunar New Year aka Tet (date is in January or February, depending on the lunar calendar. A big celebration. It is much more that fireworks.)
4. Water puppets theatre. In Hanoi there are only 2 theatres.
5. Cyclo ride
6. Train connecting north to south of Vietnam. (take a train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, if you do not mind long trips)
7. Traditional music
8. Street food and beer aka Bia hoi (you'll find so many places to eat and drink on streets in every step, try your lunch out there sitting on the small chairs on streets)
9. Boat trips whenever it's possible. To go around villages on a water and water markets.
Find me as well on facebook / twitter / instagram / bloglovin' / tumblr / shop my closet
Tweet Share on Facebook